Training offered by the Command Coaching and Training
We aim to provide you with;
- Great training support during your time with us.
- Useful content that does more than just help you tick a box
- Experienced trainers
- An enjoyable learning experience
And in our accredited courses, provide you with a nationally recognised certificate.
What we expect from you
To help you get the best out of your training experience with us and to avoid any confusion the following expectations of behaviour are provided. Adherence to these expectations is required by all students.
- Comply with relevant OHS, anti-discrimination, workplace harassment, victimisation and bullying laws and regulations at all times
- Ensure that behaviour is of a level acceptable to the workplace at all times
- Complete training and assessment activities within agreed timeframes
- Communicate any difficulties with completion of activities or assessment with your trainer in a timely manner
- Inform us in advance of any intended absences
- Ask any questions that are related to your course and our trainers will answer them to the best of their ability.
- We do ask that you are punctual at the start of your session and after all your breaks as the session will go on without you.
- We also ask that your respect the other course students by not speaking while others are speaking and giving others the same respect that you would like yourself.
** Note: the information below applies to students of our Registered Training Organisation
Selection of applicants for enrolment
- Applicants who satisfy the requirements for course entry as stated in the training package will be accepted.
- Where there are more applicants meeting course entry requirements than there are available places, applicants will be accepted on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. Persons not accepted on this basis will be offered enrolment in the next course scheduled.
All potential students are provided with access to a copy of the participant handbook to read prior to enrolment. Submission of your enrolment will constitute confirmation that you have read and understood the all of the items in this handbook. We require a deposit of $295 to confirm your enrolment.
Fees and payment terms
Command Coaching and Training safeguards fees paid by students enrolled in Nationally Recognised Training via a trust account. Funds will only be drawn down when you commence training.
Our payment options are as follows
- Payment in full via direct debit or credit card
- Payment of a $295 deposit and the balance upon commencement of your course
- Payment of a $295 deposit and the balance on a payment plan
- Students on a payment plan are responsible for making sure that there are sufficient cleared funds in their chosen account on the payment day
- A $25 service fee will be charged if you require changes to your payment plan
A full refund, less a $295 administration fee, will be given to a student who provides us with written notification of their intent to withdraw from the course at least 48 hours prior to its commencement. No refunds will be given once a course has commenced.
If a student has entered into a payment plan for payment of course fees they will be liable for all payments due under the agreed payment plan
If a student is suffering from a medical conditions they can suspend their enrolment for up to a six month period. This request must be made in writing and include adequate supporting documentation. No refunds will apply and the student will be liable for all payments due under an agreed payment plan.
Language, literacy and numeracy
Language litereracy and numeracy are very important skills in both learning and business, but we do understand that for various reasons people will be at different levels where this is concerned. As part of our enrolment process you will be asked to complete a short activity to assist us in identifying the most appropriate learning and assessment strategies to employ during training.
We encourage students who have any concerns about their ability to undertake training (including computer literacy) to contact the training manager beforehand.
Every subject will have some form of practical and theoretical assessment components. Assessment tasks have been designed to cover the specific requirements of the training you are undertaking. Receiving
Plagiarism will not be accepted. Forms of plagiarism can include;
- Submitting someone elses work as your own
- Failing to give credit for other peoples quotes, words and ideas
- Giving incorrect information about the source of quotes
- Copying so many words and ideas from a source that it makes up the majority of your work
By referencing your work correctly and providing the reader with the information necessary to find the source you can avoid cases of plagiarism.
All students will receive their assessment feedback and result within 14 days of submission of an assessment.
On completion of a certificate or unit of study, our partner ANITAD will issue statements of attainment/certificates to you within 14 days.
Your feedback is particularly important to our commitment to ongoing improvement. Over the course of your training you will be asked to provide your thoughts and comments on the training received. We also encourage all students to contact us should they wish to provide feedback or comments on any aspect of the service they have received.
Training with us
Competency based training & assessment
Students enrolled in training that will lead to either a statement of attainment or certificate, are required to complete assessments to demonstrate competency. Competency based assessment is the process of gathering evidence to confirm that students can perform required skills and knowledge.
Assessments undertaken may include:
- Written/oral assessments
- Practical demonstrations
- Completion of case studies and similar activities
- Development of a portfolio
- Work samples
- Third party reports
- Completion of Assessment Activity Workbook
Students will be given feedback on all assessment activities. Competency based assessment does not use a marking scale rather the participant is deemed competent or not yet competent, through tasks relevant to the skills/knowledge being demonstrated.
You have access to:
- Trainers at the beginning and end of each training session;
- Additional resource books and materials are available throughout the course;
- Reading lists and bibliographies relating to the course content;
- Comprehensive course manuals that cover all assessable material;
- Additional support services can be accessed on behalf of the participant if required, such as literacy and numeracy support
The course structure provides the following support:
- Clearly documented requirements and assessment criteria from your trainer, prior to assessment
- Opportunity for feedback on coursework prior to assessment, including face to face, or via email.
- Individualised feedback from the course co-ordinator if you don’t achieve competency in any unit.
During course support
The course structure provides the following support to students:
- Peer coaching and accelerated learning techniques are used to assist individual learning;
- Students can arrange one-on-one sessions with our trainers, at times to suit both parties (additional fees may apply).
Post course support
Following the completion of the course students may:
- Contact their trainer concerning clarification on any part of the course of study
- Contact Command Coaching and Training regarding advice or additional services
Complaint, grievance & appeal procedures
Our grievance procedures involve the complainant initiating the following:
- Discussion with the relevant trainer, student or administrator about the grievance as soon as possible.
- If it is unable to be resolved, the grievance is to be taken before the Training Manager.
- If it is unable to be resolved at this level, the grievance can be formalised and the written complaint/appeal lodged with the Training Manager who will refer the grievance to the appeals committee.
- The Training Manager will provide to the appellant/complainant in writing, the outcome of each complaint, grievance or appeal, including reasons for the decision, within five working days of the decision being made.
Recognition of prior learning
Recognition of Prior Learning is the process of formal recognition for skills and knowledge gained through previous learning such as:
- Life experiences
- Previous formal learning
- Recreational or personal interests
You may be eligible for recognition of prior learning for part or all of your intended study, based on your previous experiences and learning. For more information regarding RPL and how to apply speak to the training manager prior to course commencement.
You may be eligible for a credit transfer if you have previously undertaken training through a Registered Training Organisation. Credit transfer may be granted for one or more units or a full certificate level. Three major factors need to be considered including the recency of the qualification, mapping to the current training and if the training was undertaken with a Registered Training Organisation.
If you think you may be eligible for a credit transfer you will need to provide the following:
- the original statement of attainment and/or certificate for your Trainer to sight
- a copy of the statement of attainment and/or certificate
Access to participant files
Participant files may only be accessed by the Training Manager, trainer and/or assessor or an auditor appointed by the DET. Access by administrative staff to students files will only be for the purpose of updating files as directed by one of the afore mentioned.
All Students have a right to view their own files and may do so upon request to the training manager. Access to a file by a third party other than as above can only be provided with the written consent of the participant.
Change of personal details
Should you change any of your personal details please inform the Admin Team immediately of your new details. Such details include address, name, contact telephone number etc.
Access & equity policy
Based on the Access and Equity Policy for the Vocational Education and Training System Command Coaching and Training will provide training that is:
- Equitable for all people through the fair allocation of resources and involvement in vocational education and training
- Provides equal opportunity for all people
- Provides access for all to appropriate, quality vocational education and training programs and services
- Provide support services which enhance achievement of positive outcomes
Command Coaching and Training reserves the right to vary fees, curriculum, assessments and dates without notice and liability. Command Coaching and Training supports an environment of continuous improvement with all of our training to ensure we offer the best training for you.